Hi, I'm Ham!
I'm a Software Developer living in Germany, working remotely for Stack Overflow.
Previously, I worked at ThoughtWorks as a Consultant and Software Developer. Even further down the memory lane I started my life as a software developer at Bertelsmann where I got to learn the tools of the trade.
I love building things people enjoy, solving tricky technical problems, working with curious people and making sure everyone around me is having a good time.
Over the course of my career I got to work with a wide range of domains, technologies and companies.
- I've built products nobody cared about and features used and loved by millions.
- I've built SaaS products, IoT household devices, in-car entertainment software, e-commerce systems, deployment pipelines, cloud infrastructure, browser games, call-center software, and much more.
- I've designed and build small features and large systems, consulted and coached teams on modern software engineering practices, led technical teams, created technical visions and system architectures.
- I've worked on gnarly legacy applications, efficient microservice systems, and anything in between.
- I've suffered through manual deployments in the middle of the night and built systems capable of shipping software to millions of users dozens of times per day (and I never want to go back to the former!).
Here are some things I care about or have worked with extensively in the past:
If you want to say "hi" feel free to drop me a line. You can find all my contact information at the bottom of the page.